|Job Title:||Tax Supervisor||Department:||Accounting|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Manager Group|
|Location:||University Heights||Last Revision Date:||2/4/2021|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Supervisors will be responsible for reviewing advance tax returns, bookkeeping, and accounting tasks. They will help develop firm processes and procedures, manage workflow distribution and scheduling and train, give feedback, and set an example for seniors, staff, and interns. As they gain knowledge in specific areas, they will lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
Supervisors must possess Bachelor of Accountancy as well as a CPA or EA license. This may be substituted with equivalent years of experience and continued education in some cases.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals.
- Review of Form 1099’s, Payroll Tax Returns, Sales tax returns, Business Property Statements and Business Licenses.
- Review of advanced C-Corporation, Partnership, S-Corporation, Personal, Non-Profit and Trust tax returns.
- Review of Corporate and Personal tax planning.
- Prepare Estate tax planning, specialized partnership allocations, stock sales and ownership changes.
- Tax audit representation.
- Ability to conduct intermediate technical research to resolve technical issues on new and existing clients.
- Manage and maintain control lists and deadlines to ensure timely filing and reporting.
- Participate in staff evaluations, weekly scheduling management meetings and mentoring program. Manage senior and staff workflow distribution and scheduling for maximum efficiency.
- Develop firm processes and procedures and set professional conduct and leadership example to seniors and staff.
- Facilitate in house training and meetings and provide one on one feedback to staff.
- Plan and partake in firm recruiting events as well as participate in intern selection, training and feedback process.
- Assist in billing process by analyzing WIP and providing invoice totals.
- Lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand schedules of tax forms, entity type setup, formation and dissolution, retirement plan options, foreign entity reporting, section 1031 exchanges, basic foreign/multistate returns, POL, PAC and LM2 tax returns and specialized tax credits.
- Develop specialized knowledge in a specific industry.
- Participate in advanced continued education as well as leadership and management training.
- Familiar with Accounting related software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.