|Job Title:||Tax Manager||Department:||Accounting|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Senior Manager Group|
|Location:||Any Location/Remote||Last Revision Date:||10/24/23|
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, Duffy Kruspodin, LLP (DK) provides audit, tax, and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence, and supports our communities.
DK is currently seeking a tax manager to join our tax practice. This position can be in-office, hybrid or fully remote.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Managers will be responsible for reviewing advanced tax returns, bookkeeping and accounting tasks. They will fine tune firm processes and procedures, manage workflow distribution and scheduling, train, give feedback and set an example for supervisors, seniors, staff and interns. They will participate in manager and committee meetings and head up firm initiatives to grow the firm’s people, clients and safety.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
Managers must possess Bachelor of Accountancy as well as a CPA or EA license. This may be substituted with equivalent years of experience and continued education in some cases.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals as well as review and analyze staff hour reports.
- Review of Form 1099’s, Payroll Tax Returns, Sales tax returns, Business Property Statements and Business Licenses.
- Review of advanced C-Corporation, Partnership, S-Corporation, Personal, Non-Profit and Trust tax returns.
- Review of Corporate and Personal tax planning.
- Prepare Estate tax planning, specialized partnership allocations, stock sales and ownership changes.
- Tax audit representation.
- Ability to conduct intermediate technical research to resolve technical issues on new and existing clients.
- Participate in manager meetings and as members of committees as assigned.
- Lead staff meetings and evaluations, weekly scheduling management meetings and participate in mentoring program.
- Hold weekly scheduling check-in meetings with assigned staff.
- Manage supervisor, senior and staff workflow distribution and scheduling for maximum efficiency.
- Develop firm processes and procedures and set professional conduct and leadership example to seniors and staff.
- Facilitate in house training and meetings and provide one on one feedback to staff.
- Plan and partake in firm recruiting events as well as participate in intern selection, training and feedback process.
- Assist in billing process by analyzing WIP and providing invoice totals.
- Lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand schedules of tax forms, entity type setup, formation and dissolution, retirement plan options, foreign entity reporting, section 1031 exchanges, basic foreign/multistate returns, POL, PAC and LM2 tax returns and specialized tax credits.
- Develop specialized knowledge in a specific industry.
- Participate in advanced continued education as well as leadership and management training.
- Be familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, QuickBooks, T-value, Adobe Acrobat, Axcess Tax, Engagement, CCH Workstream.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor, train, and collaborate with staff.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Salary range is $115 – $145k.