|Last Revision Date:
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Staff Accountant 1 will be responsible preparation of various types of intermediate tax returns and tax planning, assisting in audit and accounting engagements and fulfilling bookkeeping needs. They will also have a good understanding of tax forms and other basic accounting principles as well as an ability to meet their budget and hour goals.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
Must possess Bachelor of Accountancy or related degree with equivalent accounting credits required for eligibility to sit for EA or CPA exams.
- Prepare HRIS and PM timesheets and Excel To Do lists
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals.
- Prepare Form 1099’s, Payroll Tax Returns, Business Property Statements, Business Licenses, bank reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
- Input checks and deposits into accounting software, reference and reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts.
- Prepare intermediate C-Corporation, Partnership, S-Corporation and Personal tax returns as well as sales, POL, PAC and LM2 tax returns.
- Assist in compilation, review and audit engagements with the ability to prepare workpapers and assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare Corporate, Personal and Nonprofit tax planning.
- Prepare open item lists after reviewing current and prior information.
- Participate in firm recruiting events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Ability to understand general tax forms, basis and capital accounts and reference and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Exceeds project budgets set by superiors.
- Participate in continued education as assigned.
- Familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, AME, CSA, QuickBooks, T-value, Adobe Acrobat, Prosystems Engagement, Checkpoint Tools and Lacerte.
- Familiar with conducting research using CCH Research
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to proactively communicate workflow status to staff and supervisors.