SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Staff Accountant II will be an integral part of the DKLLP’s Finance Department. The Staff Accountant II will provide day-to-day financial, analytical, and administrative support, working with all departments and levels of management. This position reports to the firm’s Assistant Controller.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Assist with all general accounting functions, including the financial close processes and management reporting.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities, journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all tasks.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and general journal entries.
- Assist with annual and quarterly projects, e.g., budget, 401k compliance, industry surveys, etc.
- Maintain internal controls, accounting procedures, practices, and assist with formalizing policies.
- Assist with contract management to track financial obligations with vendors.
- Analyze accounting and billing data used to produce financial reports.
- Support Firm management by providing informational reports from the time and billing system.
- Support cash receipts and cash application process.
- Support the Firm’s billing and collection activities as needed.
- Provide back-up support to other Finance Department members.
- Communicate effectively with team and maintain upward communication with management.
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations and to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 50+ hours a week during period-end close.
- Must be comfortable and able to work effectively in a distributed work environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required 3+ years of GL accounting experience required
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and Vlookups)
- Payroll experience is a positive
- Experience with time and billing software, such as CCH Axcess, is desirable
- Must have excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail combined with ability to see the ‘big picture’
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion