|Job Title:||Senior Tax Manager||Department:||Accounting|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partners|
|Location:||Woodland Hills||Last Revision Date:||08-10-2021|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Tax Managers will possess advanced technical skills in tax and accounting, reviewing and resolving issues with a wide variety of complex tax returns. They will take leadership roles in professional, business and community organizations, participate in manager and committee meetings and head up firm initiatives to grow the firm’s people, clients and safety. They will be responsible for overseeing firm processes and procedures and ensuring that the Supervisors and Managers manage workflow distribution, scheduling, training and feedback smoothly.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
Senior Tax Managers must possess Bachelor of Accountancy as well as a CPA or EA license. This may be substituted with equivalent years of experience and continued education in some cases.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals as well as review and analyze staff hour reports.
- Review of Form 1099’s, Sales tax returns, Business Property Statements and Business Licenses.
- Review of advanced C-Corporation, Partnership, S-Corporation, Personal, Non-Profit and Trust tax returns.
- Review of Corporate and Personal tax planning.
- Prepare Estate tax planning, specialized partnership allocations, stock sales and ownership changes.
- Tax audit representation.
- Ability to conduct intermediate technical research to resolve technical issues on new and existing clients.
- Carry out practice management activities, lead in manager meetings and serve as members of committees as assigned.
- Lead staff meetings and evaluations, weekly scheduling management meetings and participate in mentoring program.
- Manage supervisor, senior and staff workflow distribution and scheduling for maximum efficiency.
- Fine tune firm processes and procedures and set professional conduct and leadership example to all staff.
- Oversee in house training and meetings and provide one on one feedback to staff.
- Take part in billing process by analyzing WIP and providing invoice totals.
- Lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand schedules of tax forms, entity type setup, formation and dissolution, retirement plan options, foreign entity reporting, section 1031 exchanges, basic foreign/multistate returns, POL, PAC and LM2 tax returns and specialized tax credits.
- Develop specialized knowledge in a specific industry.
- Participate in advanced continued education as well as leadership and management training.
- Familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, AME, CSA, QuickBooks, T-value, Adobe Acrobat, Prosystems Engagement, Checkpoint Tools and Axcess.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.