|FLSA Status:||Exempt and Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Manager/Supervisor Group|
|Location:||Any location/remote||Last Revision Date:||10/24/23|
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, Duffy Kruspodin, LLP (DK) provides audit, tax, and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence, and supports our communities.
DK is currently seeking a senior tax accountant to join our tax practice. This position can be in-office, hybrid or fully remote.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for the review of various types of intermediate tax returns as well as tax planning and other bookkeeping and audit related tasks. They will take part in the training, mentoring and general supervision of staff and facilitate individual and in house training. Seniors will also be expected to assist with billing and build working relationships with current and prospective clients.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
Seniors must possess Bachelor of Accountancy as well as a CPA or EA license. This may be substituted with equivalent years of experience and continued education in some cases.
- Prepare HRIS and Axcess timesheets and Excel To Do lists.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals.
- Review of Form 1099’s, Sales tax returns, Business Property Statements and Business Licenses.
- Review of intermediate C-Corporation, Partnership, S-Corporation, Personal, Non-Profit and Trust tax returns.
- Review of Corporate and Personal tax planning.
- Manage and maintain control lists and deadlines to ensure timely filing and reporting.
- Assist in Tax Audits.
- Assist in planning and supervising compilation, review and audit engagements with the ability to prepare and review workpapers as well as preparation of financial statements.
- Participate in mentoring program.
- Facilitate in house training and meetings as well as provide one on one feedback to staff.
- Participate in firm recruiting events as well as firm outreach events regarding future potential clients.
- Assist in billing process by analyzing WIP and providing invoice totals.
- Communicate and meet with clients regarding current services. Assist with new client proposals and first meeting engagements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand schedules of tax forms, entity type setup, formation and dissolution, retirement plan options, foreign entity reporting, section 1031 exchanges, basic foreign/multistate returns, POL, PAC and LM2 tax returns and specialized tax credits.
- Participate in intermediate/advanced continued education as well as assist in developing in house training courses.
- Ability to conduct intermediate individualized research.
- Familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, AME, CSA, QuickBooks, T-value, Adobe Acrobat, Prosystems Engagement, Checkpoint Tools and Axcess Tax.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills..
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Salary range is $80 – $90k.