|Senior Audit Manager
|Audit & Assurance
|La Jolla/Woodland Hills
|Last Revision Date:
Duffy Kruspodin is looking for a driven Senior Audit Manager to join our join our Audit Practice and work with our private industry clients including apparel, biotechnology, construction, employee benefit plans, hospitality, Manufacturing/Retail and Not-for-Profit.
Why Work Here?
Duffy Kruspodin, LLP (DK) has been providing quality, personalized financial guidance to local individuals and businesses since 1990 and was recently recognized by Accounting Today as one of the Top Firms in the West and a Firm to Watch for 2023. DK was one of only two firms in California to be acknowledged as a Firm to Watch.
DK knows that competition for accounting professionals is intense, that is why we offer unparalleled growth opportunities, a stable client base, established pathway to partnership and a place where you can make a difference.
We value our employees’ well-being and want each and every team member to thrive both inside and outside of work. That’s why we offer personal development programs and employment appreciation events to make sure employees feel respected, included and appreciated. That’s why we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Full coverage benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- A 401k benefit plan
- 5 weeks accrued paid time off per year
- Training and leadership programs
- Health and wellness programs
What Will You Be Doing?
Overall, the Senior Audit Manager will use their technical and leadership skills to plan and lead the completion of assurance related deliverables, including audited financial statements, various letters, and reports to management and third-parties, for multiple clients and engagements.
The Senior Audit Manager’s responsibilities extend beyond project management to more engagement in practice management activities, engaging in activities to enhance department, developing individual expertise, enhancing overall client service, and developing department professional staff.
The Senior Manager will also be accountable for:
- Planning, fieldwork scheduling, and supervising audit team in the field
- Reviewing audit engagement procedures performed by the audit team in a timely and professional manner
- Preparing compliance audits under GAGAS for Single Audit/Yellow Book
- Leading client board and audit committee meeting presentations
- Preparing reports and communicates findings and recommendations to management
- Conducting advanced technical research to resolve engagement discrepancies and technical issues on new and existing clients
- Leading client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives as well as provide additional guidance to clients on a consultancy basis
- Assisting in managing, developing, and coaching professional staff and assess performance on engagement and year-end reviews
- Developing firm processes and procedures and set professional conduct and leadership example to audit team
- Facilitating in house training and informational meetings and participate in advanced continuing education as well as leadership and management training
- Planning and partaking in firm recruiting events intern selection, training, and feedback process
- Preparing and meeting engagement budgets and deadlines and provide advance warning of any budget variances
- Achieving monthly and annual charge hour goals as well as review and analyze staff hour reports
What Is Required?
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during busy season
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent degree
- Active CPA license
- At least seven years of relevant audit experience which includes at least four years’ of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling staff desire
- Advanced understanding of accounting (US GAAP) and assurance (GAAS) procedures and standards
- Ability to effectively work with and changing industry regulations, meet multiple deadlines with concurrent engagements, and understand internal control issues and concerns.
- Familiar with Accounting and Audit software, including CCH ProSystem fx (Engagement, Knowledge Coach), CCH Axcess, ProStaff, and Teammate Analytics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
- While not required, it would be a plus if the candidate had experience conducting ERISA audits, audits under the Uniform Guidance and Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) audits.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Duffy Kruspodin, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Duffy Kruspodin, LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.