|Job Title:||IT Help Desk I||Division/Department||IT|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Systems Administrator/Manager/Director of IT|
|Location:||All Regions||Last Revision Date:||03-27-2018|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
IT Help Desk I will provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. They will respond to IT tickets either in person, over the phone or through a remote login. They are also responsible for installing, modifying, and repairing computer hardware and software at a basic level.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document tickets related to technical difficulties with employee hardware, software, and networks. Escalate trouble tickets when required.
- Provide hands-on support, trouble-shooting efforts, and remediation in a timely fashion.
- Work and interface with end users on a daily basis. Install, configure, and support client workstations and laptops.
- Configure user accounts, user profiles, and system policies within Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
- Assist in software and equipment patching and maintenance. Assist in network documentation and asset inventory
- Assist Systems Administrators, Manager and Director in specific project tasks as directed
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of servers, switches, and routers
- Open to being on call after hours and weekends. Travel between offices required. Valid driver’s license and proof of current Auto Insurance required.
- Perform various other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical role providing support in a technical services desk environment or 2+ years of experience working in a Helpdesk environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of the following software applications: Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS,Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Client Operating Systems including XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Ability to work well under stress and interact with various personalities using tact and diplomacy.
- Highly desired qualifications: A+, MCP, and/or MCSE Certifications, Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems. Knowledge of various network practices and protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, RDP, LDAP, EIGRP, DFS, DFSR, NA. Experience with help desk ticketing systems in respect to prioritizing, scheduling, and implementing various activities and workload.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, requires bending and stooping as well as moving desks and equipment.