|Job Title:||Human Resources Assistant||Division/Department||Human Resources|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Reports to:||HR Manager|
|Location:||La Jolla||Last Revision Date:||09-01-2020|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resource Assistants are responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with the Human Resources team in supporting designated geographic regions. The areas of function include: recruitment, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overtime when needed during busy periods. Travel between offices may be required.
- Assisting the HR Team with day to day operations of HR and administrative functions.
- Assist with recruiting efforts across the firm, supporting the Recruiter with each office’s staffing needs.
- Assist with the preparation for new hires and terminations by preparing paperwork, completing checklists and updating personnel files.
- Conduct new hire onboarding and administrative training as needed.
- Assist in the payroll process by taking part in the reconciliation of employee timesheets.
- Maintain human resource information system (HRIS), which may include managing new hire paperwork, uploading personnel information to employee files, monitoring forms and accruals, PTO and time change request approval, Leave of Absence paperwork and identifying and resolving discrepancies or system errors.
- Participate in various meetings by taking minutes and assisting with implementation and administration of firm wide proposals and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources or an equivalent of 4+ years of administrative support experience.
- Preferred to possess one or multiple of the following qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline, Professional certification or designation in Human Resources or equivalent years of working experience in the industry.
- Attend continued educations seminars/webinars/courses to stay up to date on HR best practices and current laws, regulations and expertise in HR policies and procedures.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Preferred familiarity with firm’s software including Kronos HRIS, Billing Programs and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook).