|Job Title:||Human Resources Manager||Division/Department||Human Resources|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt/Exempt||Reports to:||Firm Administrator|
|Location:||Woodland Hills||Last Revision Date:||12/2/19|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resource generalists are responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with the Human Resources department in supporting designated geographic regions. The areas of function include: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overtime when needed during busy periods. Travel between offices may be required.
- Participate as a member of HR Committee by take meeting minutes and draft, implement and administer firm wide HR related proposals and projects.
- Prepare and maintain the employee handbook, company organizational chart and job descriptions.
- Administer the compensations program, monitor the performance evaluation and mentor programs and revise as necessary.
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices and communicating benefits information to employees. Research employee benefits plans and vendors, recommend and implement new benefits programs and serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third party administrators.
- Oversee recruitment process alongside firm recruiter; conduct new employee orientation and training on administrative programs and firm policies as well as the termination process.
- Handle employee relations including employee counseling, documentation, conducting investigations and formulating employment recommendations. Propose new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of each department and the firm.
- Reconcile and process employee payroll.
- Maintain human resource information system including managing new hire paperwork, uploading personnel information to employee files, monitoring forms and accruals, setting up and administration of benefits enrollment, PTO and time change requests, Leave of Absence paperwork and identifying and resolving discrepancies or system errors.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings as required.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations and provide the firm with recommendations in regards to compliance and organizational development.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years managing within and HR environment with experience in all major functions of HR required.
- Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
- Professional Certification in Human Resources highly desired.
- Must proactively attend continued educations seminars/webinars/courses to stay up to date on HR best practices and current laws, regulations and expertise in HR policies and procedures.
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Self-driven, proactive and very well organized, with a strong ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with Kronos is very highly desired.