|Job Title:||Director of Human Resources||Division/Department||Human Resources|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partner Group|
|Location:||Woodland Hills||Last Revision Date:||12/6/19|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of a company’s human resources functions. He/she will work closely with the partner/manager/supervisor groups and HR team to maintain and improve employee related functions including: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, organizational planning and development, recruitment and employment law compliance.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overtime when needed during busy periods. Travel between regions will be required.
- Participate as Director of HR Committee by collaborating, overseeing and implementing firm wide HR related proposals and projects. Review and make recommendations to partner and manager groups for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Supervises and oversees the entire HR department and all of its duties.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of departments and services performed.
- Review maintenance of employee handbook, company organizational chart and job descriptions.
- Lead HR Committee with annual review, preparation and administration of the wage and salary program making necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Foster firm culture in order to maintain positive corporate climate and employee morale. Provide Partner group with recommendations to proactively change policy to improve culture and become pioneers of employee retention.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the partner in charge of HR, on employee related matters.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in employee professional and leadership development for the organization.
- Oversee benefits administration and research for new benefits programs by HR team. Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and recommend areas for improvement.
- Oversee recruiting process and exploring methods to improve employee retention and turnover.
- Handle employee relations including employee counseling, documentation, conducting investigations and formulating employment recommendations. Propose new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of each department and the firm.
- Oversee maintenance of human resource information system by HR team.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings as required.
- Maintain responsibility for firm’s compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have 10 + years of related work experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline or Professional certification or designation in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, safety and training and development.
- Attend continued educations seminars/webinars/courses to stay up to date on HR best practices and current laws, regulations and expertise in HR policies and procedures.
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiar with firm’s software including Resourcing Edge HRIS, Practice Management and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel will be required periodically between offices in Los Angeles and San Diego.