We are proud to announce Duffy Kruspodin, LLP and Cooper and Associates, APC of San Diego, have combined as of January 1, 2018. In this merger, DK not only added six top notch professionals to our DK team, including John R. Cooper, MS Tax, CPA/ABV, CVA, CFFA, Patty B. Cooper, MST, CPA and Caroline J. Parra, MST, CPA, but we have expanded our service offerings in the areas of Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting, and Litigation Support, including Professional Expert Witness services. In addition to managing his firm that specializes in tax, accounting, business valuation and litigation support, John also teaches at San Diego State University, as a professor, for the past 17 years and has penned numerous technical articles that are widely published. His experience includes:
- Valuations of various public and private entities for estate & gift tax, shareholder/partner disputes, income tax and transactional purposes
- Family law forensic accounting including business appraisal, income for support, tracing analyses and related matters – court appointed Special Master
- Calculation of lost wages, economic damages and business losses
- Statistical analyses including customer life studies
- Litigation support services involving valuation, tax and economic analysis
- Tax research, planning and compliance (Corporation, Partnership, LLC and Individual)
- Economic, financial, operational and management consulting
- Computerized modeling and analysis
For more information on the new services, contact our office at 858-642-5050 or visit our website at www.dkllpcpa.com.
DK TEAM PROMOTIONS
We at DK would also like to congratulate the following DK members who are on the move:
David Cox, CPA, Tax Principal Partner in our Woodland Hills office with over 25 years’ experience in the public accounting field. David’s experience includes working with privately held companies in the areas of wealth transfer, tax planning, variety of industries including commercial and residential real estate, professional service practices, manufacturing & distribution, property management companies, high net worth families and entertainment. David graduated from Loyola Marymount University in 1992 with a degree in accounting. In 1999 he earned a Master degree in Business Administration with a finance emphasis from the University of Southern California. David is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Kevin Forootan, CPA, Assurance Principal Partner in our Woodland Hills office. Kevin leads our Woodland Hills assurance practice, with 23 years of both private and public accounting experience. He provides audit and assurance services to privately held companies in all phases of business cycle. Kevin’s industry experience is diverse and includes, manufacturing, retail, distribution, entertainment, insurance, non-profits, 401(k) plans and professional services.
Yelena Papiryan, CPA and Nathan Rhodes, EA for promotion to Senior Manager in our Woodland Hills office.
Camila Reartes, CPA and Jackie Sawiris, EA for promotion to Manager in our Woodland Hills office.
Andrew Robinson, CPA and Joshua Tuttle, CPA for promotion to Manager in our La Jolla office.