|Job Title:||Bookkeeper 2||Department||Accounting|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Manager/Supervisor Group|
|Location:||Woodland Hills||Last Revision Date:||03-15-2018|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Keeps books and accounting records of financial transactions for firm clients. Bookkeeper 1 will be responsible for inputting client financial information and prepare necessary forms, tax returns and statements to fulfill our engagement requirements.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
- Prepare HRIS and PM timesheets and Excel To Do lists.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals.
- Prepare Form 1099’s, Payroll Tax Returns, Business Property Statements, Business Licenses, bank reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
- Input checks and deposits into accounting software, reference and reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts.
- Communicate with clients regarding missing information professionally via telephone or email.
- Assist in training staff on client specific issues and developing in house training.
- Participate in firm recruiting events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Participate in continued education as assigned.
- Familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, AME, CSA, QuickBooks, T-value and Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.