|Job Title:||Audit Supervisor||Department:||Accounting|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Manager Group|
|Location:||La Jolla||Last Revision Date:||03-22-2018|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Audit Supervisors will be responsible for overseeing, reviewing and preparing documents and statements in compliance with assurance standards and regulations. They will help develop firm processes and procedures, manage workflow distribution, scheduling oversee fieldwork and train, give feedback and set an example for seniors, staff and interns. As they gain knowledge in specific areas they will lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
Supervisors must possess Bachelor of Accountancy as well as a CPA license. This may be substituted with equivalent years of experience and continued education in some cases.
- Prepare HRIS and PM timesheets.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals.
- Prepares reports and communicates findings and recommendations to management.
- Conduct intermediate technical research to resolve engagement discrepancies and technical issues on new and existing clients.
- Responsible for planning and preliminary review of engagements and fieldwork scheduling as well as supervise audit staff in the field.
- Prepare compliance audits under GAGAS for Single Audit/Yellow Book.
- Present financials to a Board of Directors or management.
- Lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives.
- Participate in staff evaluations, weekly scheduling management meetings and mentoring program.
- Develop firm processes and procedures and set professional conduct and leadership example to seniors and staff.
- Facilitate in house training and meetings and provide one on one feedback to staff.
- Plan and partake in firm recruiting events as well as participate in intern selection, training and feedback process.
- Assist in billing process by analyzing WIP and providing invoice totals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and GAAS standards.
- Develop specialized knowledge in a specific industry.
- Participate in advanced continued education as well as leadership and management training.
- Ability to effectively work with and changing industry regulations, meet multiple deadlines with concurrent engagements, understand internal control issues and concerns.
- Familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, AME, CSA, QuickBooks, T-value, Adobe Acrobat, Prosystems Engagement, Checkpoint Tools and Lacerte.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.