|FLSA Status:||Exempt and Non-Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Manager/Supervisor Group|
|Location:||Woodland Hills||Last Revision Date:||06-05-2019|
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, Duffy Kruspodin, LLP provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities.
DK is currently seeking an Audit Senior Associate to join our Audit practice.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients
- Detect and communicate accounting and auditing matters to managers and partners
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Take part in the scheduling, training, mentoring, and general supervision of staff and facilitate individual and in-house training.
- 3 – 8+ years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, CPA licensed or completion of CPA exam.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements and to provide services while possessing strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
- Prepare HRIS and PM timesheets and Excel To Do lists.
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals.
- Manage and maintain control lists and deadlines to ensure timely filing and reporting.
- Participate in firm recruiting events as well as firm outreach events regarding future potential clients.
- Assist in billing process by analyzing WIP and providing invoice totals.
- Communicate and meet with clients regarding current services. Assist with new client proposals and first meeting engagements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand schedules of tax forms, entity type setup, formation and dissolution, retirement plan options, foreign entity reporting, section 1031 exchanges, basic foreign/multistate returns, and specialized tax credits. Knowledge of LM2 tax returns helpful.
- Participate in intermediate/advanced continued education as well as assist in developing in house training courses.
- Ability to conduct intermediate individualized research.
- Familiar with Accounting related software, to include CFS, CSA, QuickBooks, T-value, Adobe Acrobat, Prosystems Engagement, Checkpoint Tools and Lacerte.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.