|Job Title:||Audit Senior||Department:||Accounting|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Manager Group|
|Location:||La Jolla||Last Revision Date:||04-12-2019|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Audit Seniors will be responsible for overseeing, reviewing and preparing documents and statements in compliance with assurance standards and regulations. They will help develop firm processes and procedures, manage workflow distribution, scheduling, overseeing fieldwork and train, provide feedback and set an example for staff and interns. As they gain knowledge in specific areas they will lead client services meetings and develop new business through networking and marketing initiatives
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during busy season.
Seniors must possess a Bachelors in Accounting or Finance, as well as a CPA license. This may be substituted with equivalent years of experience and continued education in some cases.
- Performing audit procedures in accordance with firm standards and GAAP in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Training and development of staff
- Drafting full disclosure financial statements for management review
- Researching technical issues that arise during the course of audit engagements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Performing detail review of workpapers and financial statements
- Preparing engagement planning documents, including risk assessments, programs and checklists
- Creating engagement budgets and proposals for new clients
- Ability to lead assurance and accounting engagements
- Specialized knowledge of industries or types of engagements
- Providing leadership and supervision to staff