SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Audit Managers will be responsible for overseeing, reviewing and preparing documents and statements in compliance with assurance standards and regulations. They will fine tune the firm processes and procedures, manage workflow distribution, scheduling, oversee fieldwork and train, give feedback and set an example for supervisors, seniors, staff and interns. They will participate in manager and committee meetings and head up firm initiatives to grow the firm’s people, clients and safety.
We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professional (manager) to join our financial services assurance department. You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of manufacturing & distribution, non-profit, retail, dealership and insurance sectors. You will be responsible for the execution of the Duffy Kruspodin, LLP. risk based audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of non-assurance services to our clients.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during tax season.
- Planning and performing operational and financial audits
- Identifying business process risks
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Documenting the results of the evaluations
- Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to
- Formulating professional development and educational plans for junior staff members
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP guidelines and regulations
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- 5+ years of external audit experience, ideally with exposure to financial services and insurance sectors.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 5 team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in accounting from four-year college or university as well as a CPA.