|Job Title:||Audit Manager||Department:||Audit & Assurance|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Reports to:||Partner/Senior Manager Group|
|Location:||La Jolla||Last Revision Date:||01/25/2022|
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, Duffy Kruspodin, LLP (DK) provides audit, tax, and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence, and supports our communities.
DK is currently seeking an audit manager to join our audit practice. This position may be in-office, fully remote with occasional travel to office required, or a hybrid.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBLITIES
- Responsible for planning, fieldwork scheduling, and supervising audit team in the field
- Review audit engagement procedures performed by the audit team in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare compliance audits under GAGAS for Single Audit/Yellow Book
- Participate in client board and audit committee meeting presentations
- Prepare reports and communicates findings and recommendations to management.
- Conduct advanced technical research to resolve engagement discrepancies and technical issues on new and existing clients
- Attend client services meetings and assist in developing new business through networking and marketing initiatives as well as provide additional guidance to clients on a consultancy basis
- Participate in manager meetings and as members of committees as assigned
- Assist in managing, developing, and coaching professional staff and assess performance on engagement and year-end reviews
- Develop firm processes and procedures and set professional conduct and leadership example to audit team
- Facilitate in house training and informational meetings and participate in advanced continuing education as well as leadership and management training
- Plan and partake in firm recruiting events as well as participate in intern selection, training, and feedback process
- Prepare and meet engagement budgets and deadlines and provide advance warning of any budget variances
- Achieve monthly and annual charge hour goals as well as review and analyze staff hour reports
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 55+ hours a week during busy season
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- Active CPA license required
- At least five (5) years of relevant audit experience
- Two (2) years’ of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling staff desired
- Experience conducting ERISA audits and audits under the Uniform Guidance is a plus, but not required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced understanding of accounting (US GAAP) and assurance (GAAS) procedures and standards
- Ability to effectively work with and changing industry regulations, meet multiple deadlines with concurrent engagements, and understand internal control issues and concerns
- Familiar with Accounting and Audit software, including CCH ProSystem fx (Engagement, Knowledge Coach), CCH Axcess, ProStaff, and Teammate Analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential key competency function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.